Any Dobies Out There??

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewChickenMom, May 29, 2008.

1. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i'll get some pictures of my guy and post them.

i have a 10.5 month old red male dobie that i got from a rescue. he's a holy terror and lives to aggravate me. i love him to death, but i'm ready for him to be a grown dog and not a puppy.

anyone got dobie stories or pictures?? OR ADVICE???

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My family raised me with a Doberman and also, we bred AKC Dobes for show when I was a kid. Great dogs! We had mostly blacks, but also reds and a blue once.

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    We had a beautiful dobe, Cody, but that was before I owned a digital camera or a compter, so the best I can do is a pic of my minpin, Niki

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Niki is now 13 years old, we have had her since she was 5 weeks old and weighed less than a pound! Wish I could show you a baby pic.

4. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Sorry, lots of pics, I couldnt decide which ones to post!

[​IMG]

this is our momma dog, Sheeba

[​IMG]

Her pups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is rebel
    [​IMG]

Rebel, Baby Girl, and Sheeba
    [​IMG]

5. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    [​IMG] AWWWW, your min pin and dobies are so beautiful!!

here's my little "special" boy, someday he'll outgrow puppy.
    [​IMG]

here he is doing his favorite thing...taking over the couch
    [​IMG]

and finally, playing and licking a kitten (he LOVES baby animals, but doesn't know he's big and can smush them)
    [​IMG]

6. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Such cuties!! Dont you need 3 more of those little kitties??

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute! Dobies are one of my favorite breeds. When I was young, our family friends bred oversized dobies, they were all over 100 pounds I believe. They had three stud dogs and they were the sweetest most obedient dogs ever. When I was five years old I could take all three of them for walks (imagine me up to their shoulders) and people would be terrified of them and cross the street if they saw us coming. Even when I was that young I thought to myself, "what stupid people, don't they notice how little I am and how gentle they are with me?" I have a picture somewhere of me riding one of them around like a horse when I was three or four! [​IMG]

8. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    This is our Kory at 1 1/2 yrs. We have 2 other red girls, Kassia and Kallie, who are 10 yrs. We just lost our beloved blk and tan male, Kaiser, 2 weeks ago, he was 10 yrs and 2 mos.

[​IMG]

9. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i do not need anymore kittens!! LOL i'm trying to give away the ones i have!! i have smoke calico and a manx calico that i'm trying to breed. unfortunetly, i didn't watch them close enough and a wild male got them. now they're staying inside with my tom.

Ga -- your dobie is gorgeous!!

i love how people think dobies are so mean and vicious, but their owners just laugh because we know the big softee that they really are. my guy would rather cuddle than do anything mean.

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have always had dobes..here is our girl we have now...she is finally calming down! She is 4!!!!

Mine our always high strung....but I keep coming back for more! More first was a rescue from NY, I was 15 and he went EVERYWHERE with me. He set a high bar for the others....
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by