Any Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child fans? *pic on page 3

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Aug 1, 2011.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I am going to a luncheon/tea this weekend where Douglas Preston will be speaking. I'm very much looking forward to their new book coming out tomorrow (today in some time zones). I don't often go to author events but I think it will be fun to go to this one. Anyone else a fan?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Riptide baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work with streeter......... no ... really!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It's been a while since I've read that one. I am trying to finish Monster of Florence (a Preston non-fiction work), before the "Tea & Mystery" event. Of course, I keep picking up Book of the Dead and Cabinet of Curiosities while trying to read Monster. The Agent Pendergast novels are my favorites. The first time I read Book of the Dead, I was on a trip for work and left the lights in my hotel room on the whole night... [​IMG]

4. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:tell you a secret.... pendergast ones are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun to read... Relic?!

5. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:tell you a secret.... pendergast ones are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun to read... Relic?!

I still get the willies thinking about the "shambling" creature in the Museum.

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

I still get the willies thinking about the "shambling" creature in the Museum.

reliquary is equally scary as bio-engineering is brought to the forefront. what sounded like science fiction is suddenly simplified and scary.

7. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you read Cemetery Dance? That was an odd one...

8. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:its on my list but not yet [​IMG] I am on a clive cussler kick at the moment, reading all of the oregon files... Then off to some james butcher on the dresden files [​IMG]

9. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I still get the willies thinking about the "shambling" creature in the Museum.

reliquary is equally scary as bio-engineering is brought to the forefront. what sounded like science fiction is suddenly simplified and scary.

Quite! Made me happy I've never done drugs. Who knows what some of that stuff could do to you?

10. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:its on my list but not yet [​IMG] I am on a clive cussler kick at the moment, reading all of the oregon files... Then off to some james butcher on the dresden files [​IMG]

I won't spoil it for you then!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by