any Easter Egger/ silver wyandotte owners?

I just hatched some a month ago. they look awesome and hopefully will lay green eggs. might be my favorite Mutt chicken I've ever crossed. anyone with any pics grown up
This is my Easter Egger hen Wendy. I’m pretty sure she is part Lavender Ameraucana and part Buff Laced Wyandotte. She also lays a beautiful green-blue egg.
865F50D7-D536-4911-A9B4-31865BEED257.jpeg

One my main goals has been getting full variety of colors.From my experience it easy to get blue tinted and greenish blue eggs.It's little tougher to get olive eggs.From what I've experience the best way to change egg colors is with a Black
Copper Maran Rooster(or any dark egg laying Maran).If you match Maran with EE = olive eggars, Maran with Wyandette =reddish brown eggs ,Maran with white egg layer = pinkish or light red eggs.
All that being egg color doesn't always change just because you breed blue egg layer with brown egg laying gene.I'm sure there are many people here that know a lot about influencing egg color thru breeding than I do.This is just what I've experienced.
So cute!! They’re going to be gorgeous when they feather out.:love Here’s mine that I mentioned
View attachment 1319585 View attachment 1319586
Here is pic of a silver Wyandotte /EE mix around 3 weeks old
0402181311a.jpg

This is my Easter Egger hen Wendy. I’m pretty sure she is part Lavender Ameraucana and part Buff Laced Wyandotte. She also lays a beautiful green-blue egg. View attachment 1320961

She's such a pretty gal! o.o

Was it a lavender ameraucana roo over a buff laced wyandotte hen, or a buff laced wyandotte roo over a lanvender ameraucana hen?

I have an Easter Egger chick I just bought who reminds me a LOT of a silver laced Wyandotte. She’s gorgeous!! I don’t currently have any pics of her, but she has the coloring of a Wyandotte with the feathering of an Easter Egger. I’ll post a pic tomorrow. Do you have any pics of yours?

I hatched some silver wyandette /ee about 4 weeks ago,then 2 weeks ago and have a few hatching right now.

I don't know if any we be olive eggers.I have couple olive eggers and they were second generation silver Wyandotte/ee breed to ee.

Back
Top Bottom