Any EMTs here?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, May 30, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I started a thread about this awhile ago on the old BYC site, when I was making the decision to join my local volunteer ambulance corps. Since then I joined, took my CPR class, my EMT class, and I am now a senior EMT. I've been riding for a little over two years now and I've made so many friends. It's such a wonderful field, although things can sometimes be tough.

I would love to see who else is an EMT (Or even a paramedic)! Currently I'm going to school for pre-professional studies in Medicine, so eventually I would love to get my medical degree. All this stemmed from my EMT experience!

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Shelanie (Debbie) is a paramedic (or maybe an EMT, but I'm pretty sure she's ALS). I don't see her on the forum too often because she works weekends and has kids.

3. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    I have my EMT card, and was a volunteer with my FD for a couple of years. [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Michelle

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I do remember Kansasmedic from the other site. She gave me some advice when I was just starting out.

Two friends of mine are on the local FD. One has his EMT card and the other will be getting it in January. I think it's great that some of our Firemen have the training! Especially in the remote area we live in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by