1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Essential Oil dealers/users

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by birdwrangler057, Nov 30, 2016.

1. birdwrangler057

birdwrangler057 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Hello BYC,
    All the chicken owners I know are also essential oil dealers, so I was wondering if anybody else is out there?

2. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Well hello [​IMG]

I'm not an EO dealer, but I use them (as does my family.) We use DoTerra, but we also have a few oils from different companies (Young Living, Mt. Rose, etc)

3. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Cool, yeah, my family mainly uses Young Living. My Mom's a dealer so we get all the bells and whistles. :)

4. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina

How are you liking them? (Healing properties, great smells, feel)

5. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Love them. We've used them for years. My mom is a dealer with DoTerra, but she doesn't really sell because everyone we know are dealers as well :lol:

I think we own every oil DoTerra offers :lol:
    It's funny, when there's the flu going around locally, or someone in my fam shows the slightest signs of a cold, we're all like "WHERE'S THE ON-GUARD?!"

Personally, I think DoTerra's lavender smells better than YL. There seems to be a lot of contrary opinions of which company is better. I think that DoTerra actually was a branch that left YL to start their own company :confused:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Huh, I've never actually used Doterra, we've always been young living people

7. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    My Mom also likes Young Living more because of their strong Christian values. (Please don't take that defensively)

8. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I didn't realize it was a Christian company. That's really cool. My mom wants to switch to YL, but at this point we're basically getting free oils (or heavily discounted) because of the point system. So the switch is happening very gradually :lol:

9. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    They aren't an Official Christian company, but most of their oil names are the fruits of the spirit, and they have all kinds of books on the biblical history of essential oils. Plus, all the buyers/dealers we know are Christians as well. [​IMG]

10. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    That's nice that you have discount status, you know you could do both companies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by