Any Explanation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by allcreatures, Jul 15, 2010.

1. allcreatures

allcreatures Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    Montana
    I've never hatched eggs before...........I made a homemade incubator and was hoping it would work. Well I so far I have had 4 hatch, but the question is why do they have feathers on their feet? None of my hens do, except the four banty hens. note none of the eggs were from the banty hens. The rooster is a black Austrolorp. THANKS

2. SeaHen

SeaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    Are you SURE none of the eggs are from your banties? What are the breeds you're hatching? Congratulations on your hatchlings!

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Are you sure all the bantie hens are hens? Maybe you have a "stealth roo" in your banty flock??......Otherwise I'm thinking you must have some feather footed genes hidden in your BA's background.

4. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    Quote:I was thinking the same thing! you may have a rooster in your banty flock [​IMG] I love feathered feet!

5. allcreatures

allcreatures Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    Montana
    Well I went out and looked at the banties again, and they are hens, or very girly roosters, and on further inspection only 2 have feathered feet, and i've seen one of them lay an egg. So I'm blaming it on my Roooster, now I have 7 feather footed little babies.

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

All fuzzy butts are precious. We love our mixed breed chickens here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by