Any Firefly Fans? (The show not the bug! :-P)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My friend told me to watch this show and I have fallen in love. [​IMG] The cast is amazing and I think it was extremely well written. I think it is such a shame it only lasted one season! I have two more episodes to watch and then the movie, Serenity. My favorite character is Captain Mal, but the whole crew is definitely put together so well. I love how each personality is so different but they meld with eachother perfectly.

Anyone else a fan? A lot of people I've talked to have seen the movie but not the show. I'd love to discuss the show with some other fans!

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Oh mememememe! [​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The idea for this show was so original! I also thought it was interesting that the writers put the human race in outer space but did not introduce aliens into the series. Usually sci-fi stuff has aliens introduced everywhere!

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Definitely original! The idea of the Reavers was unique. Men that became twisted. They are still human, but act distinctly nonhuman. I saw the series before I saw the movie, like you said, most haven't seen the series, which is fantastic!

5. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Great Show. I now watch Castle just to get my Captain fix. (and they spoof Firefly in the second season during Halloween). Guess who Castle plans to go as?????????

Yeah!!!

6. sj3364

sj3364 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm a browncoat! Love that show. I bought the whole season on dvd. Nathan Fillian also stars in Castle. He is just as loveable.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    [​IMG] Love Firefly. I wish we could have seen what it would have become.

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Castle is next on my list! My college room mate watched it all the time while we were living together, but didn't know the main character until watching Firefly. I'll be sad when I finish this show, but will definitely be buying it on DVD and I am excited to start Castle. Poor Captain Mal...he's always shot, or beaten, or injured, or tortured...LOL!

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Adore that show! No plans on resurrecting it????

10. kizanne

kizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    Loved firefly. No I don't think they are resurrecting it. Josh Whedon has moved on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by