Any "GEAR HEADS" here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Dirty Farmer, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Dirty Farmer

Dirty Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Aside from chickens in the back yard, are there any other gear heads here?

I myself am a Ford guy, and have a few classsic older (60's 70's 80's) cars and trucks.

Post up what you have in your fleet.

2. Dirty Farmer

Jun 2, 2011
    No one else here is into cars? [​IMG] I can't be the only one that raises chickens and has a few old cars in the barn.

Here's one of mine....1968 Ford Falcon, 289 V-8 with a three speed stick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. Dirty Farmer

Jun 2, 2011
    Nice, Steve. I don't have anything that new. One thing about the modern stuff, yours included...fast and good fuel milage and under warrnanty [​IMG] What motor and tranny is your Camaro equiped with?

[​IMG]
    Some of them in one of the barns being lazy, sleeping under their covers.

[​IMG]
    I have a 1986 Mustang Gt. fuel injected 302 with a five speed. Original paint, and the cars stock mosly, except for an H-pipe with 2-chamber FlowMasters, under drive pulleys, Hurst short shifter and 4.11 gears.

[​IMG]
    I also have a 1995 Mustang Gt. (the last year with the 302) 5.0 with a five speed. Original and stock except for an H-pipe and 3.73's The wife drive this one a couple times a week to work, during the summer months.

5. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I'm not, but my uncle is. If you get the mustang magazine, His 1965( I think) Shelby is going to be featured in it within the next few issues. A car museum in Hershey, PA keeps wanting to take it too. I think it is worth almost $500,000 now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i know you're all gonna make fun of me... but i'm a honda guy... LOL...

went to school to be a chrysler technitian, but love building hondas... i had a 94 del sol with a balanced H23 blue top vtec with a t3t4 turbo kit and fully built ignition/fuel system... 387WHP at the dyno... but never took it to the track... idiot... lost my job and sold everything for cheap...

i don't have pictures of him anymore... [​IMG] but i'll see if i'm on teamsol still...

OMG, this is when i first got it.. LOL...

[​IMG]
    http://www.teamdelsol.com/index.php?jump=http://www.teamdelsol.com/members/detail.php?mm=2028

7. Dirty Farmer

Jun 2, 2011
    Quote:I can cut ya some slack, my nephew is into imports also. (must be a generation thing) Nothing like the torque and sound of an American V-8 though [​IMG]

8. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    My grampa has a 53 chevy pickup 3 on the tree I love driving that truck I'll try to put a pic up sometime!

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  10. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:I can cut ya some slack, my nephew is into imports also. (must be a generation thing) Nothing like the torque and sound of an American V-8 though [​IMG]

yeah i know... my car gave me 28mph but with a touch of a button, will hit high 12's (i assume, maybe faster) at the track... i used to beat modern corvettes, vipers and other muscle on the street... muscle is fun though.... i had an el camino with a procharger supercharger before... LS1 block... i think... i got it that way... wasted way too much gas, and was super loud... plus, it couldn't take a turn at all... the del sol handled (type R/integra suspension), was high HP and only weighed 1,600lbs with me driving... i was 250lbs fat... LOL...

now i drive a brand new honda odyssea... and i love this mini van... LOVE IT!!!... probably not get another muscle car or fast car again...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by