Any Golden Girl fans?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenchick, Jul 25, 2008.

1. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Lifetime is running special episodes featuring Estelle Getty. She passed away at the age of 84 on tuesday. I have been watching this program my whole adult life. I have seen every episode at least 5 times! I can tell which episode it is by listening to a line or two from the other room. My family makes fun of me, but its so funny! Is there any other fans out there?

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I saw she had passed, but I didnt really know how old she was. What a great lady.

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I love that show, it was sad with the passing of Estel Gettys. Rue McClanahan was
    in Columbia doing a book signing back in the 90's and she saw some of my mama's quilts on display so she calls my mama up and comes to her house and buys 4 of mamas quilts. She ask mama how much she wanted for each one, mama asked her what she thought they were worth to her, so she gave mama 400.00 apiece for her quilts. Mama said she was a very nice lady.

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:That is so neat. I have always thought how incredible it would be to have friends like that. From what I have read they were indeed friends off the air as well. Each one is a great person and a great actress. I have seen Betty White in evil or sinister roles as well. In Lake Placid she fed her husband to the aligator! HMMM![​IMG]

5. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Golden Girls has always been one of my favorite shows. My friend Jay and I quote it to each other all the time, and my friends all call me Blance lol
    Whoever cast those four women in one show together was pure genius...and the writing was just phenomenal. Estelle Getty will be missed, but Rue McLanahan said it best....she said not to be sad, that Estelle left her best with us in Sophia. I can't think of a more wonderful legacy than to know that you made so many people smile and laugh, and that your work will continue to do that long after you are gone. I think tonight I'll raise a toast to Sophia, and to Rose, Dorothy, and Blanche...four incredibly talented women who have given us all an awful lot of smiles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by