Any good breeders or hatcheries of OTHER farmbirds besides chickens?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by meghan713, Nov 26, 2010.

1. meghan713

meghan713 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Augusta County VA
    I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread but I figured people who were providing information about chicken breeders may know about breeders of turkeys, guineas, ducks and geese.
    I get my chickens from mypetchicken.com and I really appreciate how they make it easy to order low quantities of chickens, perfect for a backyard flock.
    In the spring I would like to order around ten turkeys, eight guineas, and a dozen ducks. I am trying to find a breeder that sells these birds or, ideally, a hatchery I could order from online if at all possible.
    If there are no good online hatcheries do you know of any nice places near Augusta County Virginia in which to pick up small quantities of these birds?
    I am pretty clueless about where to look for any types of farmbirds other than chickens.

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I raise SQ Butterscotch Call Ducks, but I cannot sell to VA. Sorry.

3. Delmar

Delmar Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm subscribing to this thread. I was looking this morning for a place to get turkey chicks next spring. I want to have my own bird in time for Thanksgiving next year.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Porter's Turkeys seems really good. They have a lot of colors, which would make them seem like a hatchery, but they seem to be very focused and dedicated.

If we get Turkeys next year, I'm getting from them. [​IMG]

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Do you know what kind of ducks you're looking for? I have several different breeds of ducks. I don't have any hatchlings right now but I do hatch to order.

I have Pekins, Indian Runners, Muscovy's, Mallards, Rouens, and a mixed flock of Call ducks although they are going to be separated hopefully by the end of December.

I also have a flock of guineas mostly pearl but I do have some Royal Purple and some Lavenders as well. Guineas aren't laying right now, they'll start again around March.

There are alot of people here on BYC that have what you're looking for.

Laurie

6. meghan713

meghan713 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Augusta County VA
    Quote:I probably want Muscovies.
    If I decide to get Pekins I can always just get them from TSC.

7. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by