Any good Chicken farms in Texas?

Pratik1234

Songster
Mar 1, 2018
Hello I’m planning on a road trip around Texas. I live in Houston.
Want to know if there are any good Chicken or other bird farms where we can go and visit to buy some birds or fertile eggs. I would love to see some good bird farms/hatcheries/Breeders.

Yes of course not :)
I’m just looking for some small places where I can go visit and buy chickens or birds. Not looking for big hatcheries. Anything to stop by during the road trip would be nice.
Serious backyard breeders probably won't let you on their property.

Ideal Hatchery may be a good place to go.

I personally don't even like that the NPIP lists my address and what breeds I have. I only meet off-site, and I really dislike people knowing what I have on my property because of potential thefts.

I do know some farms keep various boots on site for visitors to use to mitigate the biosecurity risk.

try facebook...i was involved with a spitzhauben grp and they had nice birds. lots of breeders...i have no idea if they would let you visit but you could prob meet to get eggs or birds....search there to see. they were around waco someplace..some of them but all over tx.

I let people come see my flock with appointments, I also know Terry Jones (903-388-4440) lets people look at his program, but he mostly breeds waterfowl.

That’s where we got ours. They’re super nice and have lots of different birds and chicks! Just FYI, they keep the front gate locked if no one is out there, but just call or wait and someone will be out to let you in. :thumbsup
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I’m trying to talk my husband into going today! They have so many rare breeds, it’s going to be hard to decide!

Back
Top Bottom