Any good hatcheries in or near Augusta, GA? New Orleans, LA?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Tigertjg, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Tigertjg

Tigertjg New Egg

Jun 26, 2011
    Nm

2. bullpup95

bullpup95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Vancleave, MS
    A good one, just in side MS, above Diamondhead, Southern Farms Hatchery. http://www.southernfarmhatchery.com/ They are lsited as Perkinston, but they are closer to Diamondhead I think. I have heard great things locally about them, I haven't personally recieved any from them yet, I pick some up there Tuesday morning. I'm considering it my 4th of July American heritage purchase.

3. mitchell3006

mitchell3006 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    The folks at Southern Farm Hatchery are great to do business with. I bought from them last year and they took the time to show me around as well as give me facility ideas and breeding sugestions. I give them 5 stars.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mark

4. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps
    Quote:I just picked up my first order from them and I can pretty much second everything you just said. They took a lot of time helping me out, giving advice and generally shooting the breeze -- far more than my $20 or so order would have gotten anywhere else. [​IMG]

And my four RIR and four BR are about the perkiest little chicks I've ever seen!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by