Any good salmon recipes?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by MRNpoultry, Jan 6, 2009.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Hey

I might cook some salmon today, anyone know any good recipes. I ain't ever cooked any before so something that ain't that hard to make would be good.

Thanks

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

If you have salmon fillets, those are great on the grill...can't get much easier than grilling it.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i do!..[​IMG]....its called Firecracker Salmon..and it was really good!..i can try to find the recipe here..*i'm not very organized..heehe*...or you can look it up on allrecipes.com...but basically you marinate the salmon in: soy sauce/red pepper flakes/olive oil/salt/pepper...try to look it up..its worth it!..[​IMG]

oops..heehe..good thing i looked up the recipe!..it dosent have soy sauce in it!....[​IMG]....my memory is gone....good luck with the salmon!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I marinade mine in soy, chili, honey and lime juice. Then cook the salmon without the juice and at the last mintue add the liquid and reduce slightly. Spoon sauce over salmon and serve with either stiry fry veggies and noodles, or it's great with mashed tatties and green beans.

6. Ottoman

Ottoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    Florida
    Quote:Place Salmon stakes in a zip-lock-bag along with the juice of one lemon, let sit 1hr or! You can do it in the morning and let it sit all day; this gives a good flavor and firms up the meat of the fish.

Just before it’s time to cook the fish put about two Table spoons of Olive oil and make sure it coats the fish.

Take fish out of bag add salt, pepper, garlic powder and place on grill or in the Broiler in your stove. Cook about 3 min on one side and about 4 min on the other side, Or until the fish looks golden brown.

A good way to tell if fish is done; push down on fish flesh, [with spoon] if it’s cooked it will have a firm feel. If it is raw it will have a squishy feel.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    or super easy, no frills, just whack off a piece the size of a hamburger or so, sprinkle it with a little season salt, squeeze a little lemon over it if you have some, don't worry if you don't, and put it on a microwave safe plate, tucking any thin or square ends in and microwave it for about three minutes. You might dry out or undercook a few before you figure out what time works for what size cut in your microwave, but if you are in a real hurry an just want to eat, that is as simple as it gets.

8. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Hey, onthespot, this is kinda ff topic, but is that a mille fleur d'uccle - your avatar, I mean?

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    no, he's a cochin. He was a baby in that pic. He is all grown up now, with kids of his own and everything!

[​IMG]

10. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Sure is purty, tho! tx.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by