Any Guerilla Gardeners/Farmers in here???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gmendoza, Dec 8, 2011.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    If so ,tell me how you got started. I am trying to start a guerilla community garden across the street in a derelict area about48 acres or so plus an additional 26 acres.

First phase: Sent a leter of intention to the owner in Florida.

2. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Fill the rest of us in as to the meaning....I am assuming that you take over an empty lot, and plant a garden.

I see every fenced retention pond as an excellent site for growing a garden or raising ducks.

3. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    When I was younger and stupider... longer ago than the statute of limitations.... I did some guerella gardening. Very clandestine. No one found out, never had any issues.

Now I only grow edible, legal crops on my own 6 acres. Amazing how much land is wasted on road right of ways, settling pond buffers, and freeway interchanges as well as unused industrial land and buffers. With the proper permission, you should find some good opportunities.

4. Pigzfly

Pigzfly New Egg

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes, I have, but only a little bit.
    Part of an "alternative orientation" week in grad school. We made clay based balls with local wildflowers and then dropped them all over the city in ditches while doing a bike tour.

Very recently I read somewhere about vending machines for guerrilla gardening, pre made seed pods. I think in San Fran and I think it was related to kickstarter.com somehow. I didn't look into it, but am not 100% on how all that is supposed to work!

There used to be a TV show about turning abandoned lots and giant ugly curbs and such into parks, I haven't seen it in years though and miss it!

Best of luck with your project!

5. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    I planted a lot of things but I ain't never planted a guerilla!

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Would this be considered guerrilla gardening?

[​IMG]

7. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I knew a guy in college who planted pot in farmers fields in their ditches and crp plots. Does that count?

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I love that!!!!!!!!!

I confine my errant gardening impulses to deadheading of public plantings.

Oh - I also shamelessly yell at people who use planters as ashtrays and receptacles for trash.

9. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by