1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any guess as to breed??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmericanMom, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty positive the two white ones are silkie crosses, the brown/multi colored one I'm not sure of nor the black/grey one... We had a broody hen so I placed an add on CL for a rooster, the kind women who gave us the roo also donated fertile eggs for our hen...these four are the result. I know the pic isnt the greatest but Momma will call them away if I get any closer... :)

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    the 2 white ones look like silkie mixes, but that is really all I can see

3. AmericanMom

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Oh and they will be 6 wks tomorrow... They all have feathered feet, the roo we got is a Domenique/cross , not sure if he is father/brother or uncle to one or more of these.

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    All 4 are part silkie, the fuzzy(Silkied) ones are likely pure Silkie, as the silkie gene is recessive. Both parents have to have and/or carry the gene for the chicks to show it

5. queenofrichmond

queenofrichmond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]I know this is a bantam chick but not sure if female or male or what breed?

6. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Rooster. He has a lot of his pointed saddle(back) and hackle(neck) feathers in. That is also a rooster coloration, hens wont look like that.

Not sure on breed, could be a Rock or Welsummer. Its hard to tell with the coloration because they look similar

Bantam Wyandottes from Meyer:
    http://meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?category=Bantams&grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID = 'WLBS'

Bantam Partridge Rocks from McMurray:
    http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantam_partridge_rock_bantam.html

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  7. queenofrichmond

queenofrichmond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2013
    thank you.

He is almost 20weeks and has been a big ?
    all our others have crowed and grew so much faster.

8. AmericanMom

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Thanks, Seemed like thats what I was told but couldnt remember....Lost one of the white ones today, snuck thru the fence and the neighbors dog got it... Sad, My Grandsons came to spend the day with me (4 and 3) and they found it over the fence... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by