Any guess on a breed???*** Extra Pic added***

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I can't find anything anywhere that looks like him....

Here is a picture of Jack when I got him a few months ago...

Chickengirls1004.jpg

He has been changing in apperance ever week....this is a picture of him today....any guess on a breed or breed cross?

10-7-07004.jpg

Here is another pic of him today..

10-7-07003.jpg

Last edited:
How big is he? About how much would you say he weighs? While many here know more than me, I'll take a stab at narrowing it down a little. THe legs make me think Hamburg or Easter Egger. If he is small, he could be a Seabright. He looks a little like Welsummer too, maybe. Have you looked at Feathersite? That might be helpful to you.
Others with more experience will jump in soon.

Yeah....I looked at them...not so much....now, his father looks just like him but his chest is that pretty golden color... just solid instead of the "laced" look....his are starting to get solid.....his mother is a very plain brown with the same leaced looking feathers all over her...

Jack is only about 5-6 months old...

I was looking on Feathersite and I found the American Game Bantam...maybe a cross?? I can't zoom in on their comb type...but the leg color is the same and very simialr colors....it says they are bigger than the OEGB.... He is about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of my BO girls....

What ever he is..I love him....it doesn't matter on the breed....Just hoping to see if there might be something out there i missed in the way of breeds....

The lady I got him from called me last week wanting to know if I wanted his brothers or sisters...AND that she has newly hatched babies....Unfortunaly, right now I haven't got the room for more....Bummer...

You have a OEGB, color is Brown Red.

I have a pair of these and 3 babies (all different ages)
coming along.
My roo doesn't have nearly as much lacing as yours;
mine is about 7 months old now

Here's a pic of my pair

100_0056.jpg

Yours is absolutely georgeous!!!

Babies of this color are solid black.
When I got mine at Easter, I was told they were about 2 months old, so I'm not sure of
their exact age.

Here's a pic of my 2 babies at 9 days and 1 day old
100_0111.jpg

and again at 2 weeks and 3 weeks old

100_0208.jpg

Last edited:
Surely a banty, but I dont know about all the different breeds. OEGB - why not? I like the pic though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom