Any guess on gosling's breed?

Deja_view

Songster
8 Years
Mar 20, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Hello everyone,
I recently went on a journey to pick up some Pomeranian goslings. I did get three of them, but I also came home with two mystery goslings as well.
The woman I bought them from raises Pomeranian, Sebastopol, Tufted Roman, and Toulouse geese.
She said she keeps her goslings separate that she is selling, but had put a mixed group back together with a few goslings. Something happened (predation most likely) to some of the goslings and she found these two abandoned in the yard without a mother in sight.
These photos are of two of my Pilgrim goslings and the smaller mystery gosling. Mystery #1 is on the right-hand side in all photos. Definitely lighter / blonder than my Pilgrims, and with a rounder head.
I will have to get photos of Mystery #2. For now, any guesses on what #1 might be?
I assume I'll most likely need to wait for them to grow before I'll know 🤔

Last edited:
Cuties! Looks like a slightly younger version of the others.
It does look very similar! I hatched the two Pilgrim goslings myself, and the woman I got the mystery goslings from did not have Pilgrim geese.
I figure I'll have to wait until they grow out a bit before I'll have a better idea of what kind they are.

Back
Top Bottom