Any guess on what color Solo the Silkie is? Happy Update :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Solsken Farm, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is poor little Solo, the only chick to hatch out of 22 eggs. Would she be a splash? or a blue? or a gray? Her beak is not mulberry but black. How the heck does one sex a silkie anyway? I will probably get laughed at for asking if anyone can tell this little ones gender. Poor little lonely thing. I had to leave for work today. Her first day with no one to hold her and keep her company.[​IMG]

Oops forgot the pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Very pretty [​IMG] I would say definitely not gray, gray has the chipmunk markings. Hard to say but I am leaning towards a light blue. [​IMG] nice foot feathering [​IMG]

Krista

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:OUr grays don't have the chipmunk markings on them when they hatch. They look silver when they are young. They are a little darker then this one.
    Chris

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That chick looks like my splash did as baby chicks. Very cute [​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would say Splash.

6. Solsken Farm

Oh goody! Any color would be good, but Splash would be super! [​IMG] Sweet thing...we all love her.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Did the egg say any thing on it? Like BS or S or any symbol from which color pen the egg was taken from?

She is very cute.

8. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Don't know what color he/she will be, but you might put a small stuffed animal in there to keep the poor chick company! Very cute.

9. Solsken Farm

Quote:Did the egg say any thing on it? Like BS or S or any symbol from which color pen the egg was taken from?

She is very cute.

Many of the eggs were marked Splash. I had such a nice assortment and was so excited. Mostly splash, blue and some partridge and white. There were 7 with ? marks. This was one of them. [​IMG]

Jenski. SHe has a towel and a stuffed walrus. It was the smallest one of my kids I could find and steal. Poor thing. I fell asleep with her on me on the couch last night. Luckily I woke up before I squished her, the cat got her, or she fell and got "played with to death" by my cocker who thinks she is a squeak toy. [​IMG]

Thanks folks.

10. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    I think its a splash too. My blue are more of a smokey color when they are born. I had to hatch just like it-and they where splash.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by