1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Any guess on what sex it is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Redangler, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Redangler

Redangler Chirping

May 7, 2012
    Bradenton, FL
    First time chicken owner of some 7.5 week old chicks and I have one that I have concerns may not be a she. It is a White Large Fowl Ameruacana. After reading some links in the section I the she may be a he but I certainly have no credability on this matter. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a cockerel. it has the wrong comb though and are the legs green?? if so than this would be an ee

3. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Songster

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    im not too familiar w/ ameraucanas, but id say it looks like a he

4. Redangler

Redangler Chirping

May 7, 2012
    Bradenton, FL
    When I purchased them they said they were Ameraucanas but I'm not sure of the difference between them and EE. Yes they legs are green or i would call grey.

5. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Songster

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    im not sure where u got him, but a lot of hatcheries will lable EEs as Ameraucanas

6. Redangler

Redangler Chirping

May 7, 2012
    Bradenton, FL
    I looked closer at it's comb this afternoon and it looks that higher on the head it gets wider. They were bought from a local feed store so I don't actually know what they ordered just that they were sold as Ameraucanas My daughter is very upset that her Lemon may be a he! I am happy though because I wanted a rooster. it is the only one that I have that the tail feathers are straight up all the time. I don't know if that means anything or not.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by