Any guesses about my 3 week old polish chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Danielle27, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Danielle27

Danielle27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    Tucson
    I got these two cuties from my local feed store. 95% should have been pullets.

This is chick # 1. He/she has a mop head and shorter tail feathers than the other chick. The first day home this chick(#1) repeatably attacked the other chick(#2). It would not stop, even when I put my hand in the way to block it.Thankfully it only lasted the first day. Now chick #1 is very protective of the chick #2. He/she is now the friendliest and will jump on my arm.

Chick #2 is on the shy timid side. He/she is smaller than chick #1 and not aggressive like #2 was at first. She also lowers her body more so than #1( maybe because #1 dominated her the first day?).

Any ways, any guesses will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Danielle27

Feb 12, 2012
    Tucson
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Chick #2(black tail feathers)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Both

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    It's a little early to know, but if I had to guess chick 1=pullet chick 2= roo, BUT this could very easliy change. Some will keep you guessing for a while.

4. Danielle27

Feb 12, 2012
    Tucson
    Based on physical characteristics that's what I was thinking too. I really was hoping we could tell. Their crests and tail feathers are so different from one another. If it helps at all, #1 started feathering much faster than #2, especially on the crest.

5. horseyangel

horseyangel New Egg

Feb 18, 2013
    can anyone give guesses on my 2 weeks old chicks. [​IMG] I think this one MIGHT be a girl but im not sure.
    this is my other one. I think it is a boy. these are my first chicks and im very new to this. any guesses? [​IMG]

6. lifetimechicklover

lifetimechicklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2018
    South Carolina
    I am in this same boat now. All of mine are showing black pin feathers at the front. Some of them have short smooth white feathers on the back of the head, (hope these are pullets), while a couple of them have some black pin feathers scattered among the fuzz on the back of the head. They are 1 day short of being 3 wks. What are some thoughts on these?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by