1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any guesses at age, gender, and breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JekkaLynn, Aug 3, 2014.

1. JekkaLynn

JekkaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    Ontario
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The person sold this bird to me as a blue, sizzle, pullet. She said it was about three months old...

I know it isn't blue, it looks more like a frizzle cochin then a sizzle, and with that much comb it seems to me it is probably a cockeral...makes me wonder how old he/she/it really is...

2. Brooke78

Brooke78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    It looks a bit like the golden lace cochin but not sure we bought one but she's turning into something strange lol with

3. mrsfluff100

mrsfluff100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    looks like a lemon blue cochin frizzle

4. WyandotteIndeed

WyandotteIndeed Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    My friend breeds frizzle/sizzle bantams. She gets a lot like what you have from a smooth feathered colorful bantam crossed with a blue or partridge silkie and gets about 50 percent curled feathers and crests (sizzle), 25% curled with no crest (frizzle) and the rest just smooth with and without crests. Here are some photos.
    [​IMG]
    (sizzle pullet = seabright/silkie)
    [​IMG]
    (group of parent stock with offspring)
    [​IMG]

5. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    Does anyone have any ideas on this one it was sold to us as a golden lace cochin obviously it's not !![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

It's a silkie mixed with a possible Cochin. Almost looks to be a silkie/polish

This is for brooke78brooke78

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  7. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    That's what I thought but when I sent the pics to the place we got it they swore it was a frizzle silkie and they were sorry for the mistake ! Does anyone think it's a roo ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by