Any guesses on Boys and Girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Redfeathers, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I know it's a little soon to tell but what are your guesses on my babies. Boy or girl:

Chicks 1 and 2 are Production red (sexed as pullets) 3wks. Number 3 is a SLW(sexed as pullet) and the rest are BO's (straight run) These are 16 days old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:All of them look like pullets to me. besides number 3 (of the ones you dont know) looks like its a possible rooster cause the comb seems higher. alot of the times. a rooster will have a higher comb from birth .sometimes longer as well, if their not to old you could probably Sex them like hatcheries. .look at their wing feathers. hen will have short long short long etc. rooster will have all long. also. hold them by their feet. rooster will stretch out. Hen will curl up. you could try it. if their a little old though. neither of the methods will work. will just have to wait.

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Thank you DT. Anybody else want to take a wild stab at it? I think the top pic looks like a rooster even though it was sexed a pullet.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I was thinking the first one stands like a rooster but I think its too early to tell. I have some 4 wk olds and a few peck @ my hand wheb I reach in the cage, so I guess they will be boys [​IMG] based on behavior I will have 4 of 7 be boys...so let's hope ya can't tell by this behavior thing too well.

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    1. boy
    2. girl
    3. girl
    4. girl
    5. girl
    6. boy
    7. girl
    8. girl

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    The top does look like a rooster. i was going to say it was a rooster but you said it was sexed as a pullet. so i didn't say anything.

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:I have a roo that was sexed as a pullet! [​IMG] I agree that number one is roo-ish. It stands like a roo and has that little comb coming in to boot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by