Any guesses on breed or gender??! lots of pics!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by candira, Sep 30, 2015.

1. candira

candira Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2015
    Lexington, Texas
    So, I'm back again to see what breed or gender yall think my baby might be. One of my hens went broody and since it was her first time I just got some cheap eggs off some guy to give it a try. My chick (who's name is feather baby) is 9 weeks old. She (I'm hoping) has feathers on her legs, which is hard to tell bc they have either not grown in well or been rubbed off or something. They seemed better when I first noticed her getting them. She seems to be getting quite a beard and muffs. She has slate colored legs.She did have what I thought was a brother who the dog got a hold of (that's another story, but I was very unhappy) I thought he was a boy bc he had very strong legs. Anyway, he didn't have feathered legs and for some reason seemed to grow his feathers in much later than her. But any guesses are appreciated!!! Thanks! ~Candice[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Looks like an Easter Egger pullet.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    She is a she, so that's a good thing [​IMG]

She's some mixed breed, with the coloring and the feathered legs. How many toes does she have? Beard/muffs/feathered legs could mean some Faverolles ancestry. I'm not familiar enough with Faverolles mixes to know how the salmon coloring plays with others. Other common feather legged breeds are Marans, Silkies, Cochins and Brahmas. I can't see her comb well enough in the pics to tell what type it is.

4. candira

Apr 13, 2015
    Lexington, Texas
    Thanks for the replies, and I think she's cute too, thank you!

Well something I could have mentioned was that she was hatched from a slightly green tinted egg. It was definitely tinted but mild. And I'm not sure if the comb is called rose or pea comb but her comb looks just like my Wyandottes did before they started laying. And I just counted her toes, she has 4.... didn't know different chickens had different amounts of toes haha! Anyway I'm sure she is just some sort of mutt, hopefully she is a she and will lay tinted eggs, but just wondered what you all thought the possible breed could be. Thanks so much!!:)

5. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    I think EE too, and I agree pullet.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If she has a pea comb and came from a green egg, chances are good she'll lay some shade of green. Possibly the feathered legs came from a Marans and you've got an Olive egger [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I agree

8. candira

Apr 13, 2015
    Lexington, Texas
    Ok thanks all! As a side note, I remembered that guy also raising some odd named chicken he said was a Mille fleur?? Anyway, I'm hoping for an Easter egger, that's female and lays a tinted egg!!! I appreciate the comments! And I'm looking forward to olive eggers actually... I have a cuckoo marans rooster (im confident he has the dark egg gene as his 2 sisters from the same hatchery lay dark eggs) and an Easter egger, fixing to set 48 eggs in the incubator friday! First time chicken hatch, wish me luck!

9. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    She is definitely a pullet and is a mixed breed or an Easter Egger depending on egg color. :)

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Easter Egger pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by