Any guesses on breed or sex? PICS

Garden Gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
Here are a few of my 5 week old chicks. I ordered eggs from two different sources; some were all Delaware Giants and the rest were a "barn yard mix". I'm assuming all the white ones are the Delaware Giants, but would love your input on the rest of the guys.

I think this is a roo and hen Delaware Giant with a Barred Rock hen...

27715_100_4420.jpg

I have no idea about these two - they are a dark mahogany red, smaller than the others, and the little roo is a feisty guy with a bad attitude! I have already told him he will be stew if he doesn't lighten up!
27715_100_4421.jpg

Delaware Giant roo?
27715_100_4406.jpg

A few odd balls - I posted mainly to show my little "Buttkus" - the little hen who started life with a "nasty bottom". She has recovered fine but has no tail!! She looks like a little Quail!
27715_100_4412.jpg

Maybe a Rhode Island Red on the left? The bird in the middle is beautiful; the feathers are rimmed in gold. Any ideas?
27715_100_4417.jpg

Thanks! These are my first chickens ever so I'd appreciate any input.
frow.gif

Pretty much all of the lighter red ones could be a new hampsire red. or a poor quailty rir. the darker red ones are a RIR. the blaakc one with the gold is a black sex-link.

Many thanks! I had hoped for a bit more input, but for those who dove in, it is appreciated.
love.gif

HOW do you get more interest in your posts???

pic #2 rir hen on left and roo on right

last photo I would say the lighter red one could be a nhr, the middle one not sure of, but the right one looks like rir roo because he's so dark

Quote:
I'm beginning to think the same thing. I have two, and the other one is smaller and lighter. This guy has the two little puffs of down still on either side of the head - it reminds me of Richard Simmons! LOL! I hope he grows into a nice roo... time will tell. He does have yellow legs and the smaller one has greyish black - does that tell you anything different?

Back
Top Bottom