Any guesses on Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Angelicisi, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Angelicisi

Angelicisi Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Hubby brought home a chicken for me today when he went to pick up a few rabbits lol

He was told it had started laying September a medium sized blue egg.

It was dark out and the girls weren't having me flash them with the cam so ill post better pics tomorrow.

*she* has white earlobes, black feet (slate/dark grey?) Few white areas on bottom of feet.
    Her coloring is black with a brown/silver speckling throughout so I know its not an ameraucana.
    An EE maybe? Just haven't seen black shimmering EEs yet lol
    The tail has bright green gloss on the feathers making me worry a bit its a young roo but tail shape is still sorta in a praying hands shape no super long fancy roo feathers I can see lol (i've been duped 3 times on pullets that started crowing so I'm suspicious of all new girls)

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome, ill update tomorrow with better pics, just excited :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like an Easter Egger mix to me and from what you wrote you said that she has been laying, so your EE should be a hen. I've seen hens with long curved tail before. Easter Eggers can be many colors depending on their cross, but better pictures would help with the gender. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Angelicisi

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Thanx :) ill get better pics and maybe an egg if I'm lucky tomorrow. I love my colored egg layers :)

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If it lays blue eggs and isn't a pure Aracauna or Ameraucana, by default it's an Easter egger. Here in the US, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. Angelicisi

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Thanks. Better pics I'll post anyways but I believe you are both correct :) New EE girl, C'mon blue egg! Lol I have been told before a hen laid blue- eggs are white lol.
    Funny is I'm waiting on a few hens to lay colored eggs, both pure ameraucana and EE hens. It'll be interesting to figure out who lays what...hopefully all blue and green...I have my choc brown eggs and cream eggs lol

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2

7. Angelicisi

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Ok got some pics in the daylight. I know EE now, thanks guys! But wanted clearer pics for anyone else who clicks.
    *She* squatted today and I assume only hens do? So yay! The bright coloring on black threw me off and I'm suspicious lol
    No egg yet ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that she is a pullet, as I don't see any pointy feathers and the legs are thin. I have never seen an Easter Egger colored like her before. She's a pretty bird!

9. Angelicisi

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    Thanks. Oh I hope its a *she*!
    No egg or crow yet :/
    Lol I WILL get colored eggs eventually!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by