Any guesses on the breeds???

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Ok so I ordered 6 silkies a month ago three died I ordered females so they were 10 dollars each. They told me I could get a reshipment. I ordered 5 brown egg layers and 4 rare breed.

I'm sure this is a buff laced polish thinking about naming her Buffy (as in fluffy, her color and as in the worm slayer)

Possibly a black jersey giant or barred rock

Same as above

Same as above

Possibly a splash Cochin (has feathered feet)

Buff Orpington?

Delaware?

I think a golden Campine

Egyptian Fayoumis or Appenzeller Spitzhauben

They are three days old and from mpc. Also there is a little poo stuck to their butts how do I get it off (note: this isn't my first time with chicks I've had over 30 but this is my first time with rare breeds and hatchery chicks)

Here goes, I see:
-buff laced Polish
-Austrolorps (or Barred Rock, Dominique, black giant, they all look very similar as chicks but I'm leaning towards Aussie) all of the black/white/yellow chicks.
-on the splash, I'm not seeing feathered feet and Cochins should have very heavily feathered legs. They should also have yellow legs and feet. That looks like a splash Andalusian to me, they come in blue/black/splash and lay white eggs.
-B. Orps should have pink legs, in the picture they look yellow, but the color in the pic looks like it could be off. Maybe a red Sexlink?
-looks like Delaware
-golden Campine, or Buttercup if it doesn't have a straight comb.
-I'm going with Spitz since all of the Fayoumi chicks I've seen have been brown as chicks, but sometimes hatcheries just end up with wonky colors. If it gets a crest, its an Appenzeller.

Those are my guesses. Lots of chicks look very similar though, so there's a good chance I'm dead wrong :oops: They sure are cute, enjoy them!

Here are updates
Barred Plymouth Rock right?

Austrolorp or BJG

Austrolorp or BJG?

Buff Orpington right?

Buff laced polish right?

Delaware right? (No feathers on feet)

I really don't know
Are these feathers on her feet or are they something abnormal

Here's her full picture

No idea (has a rose comb)

Close up wing picture

Could this be a sicilian buttercup (how do u tell a double comb on a chick?)

Back
Top Bottom