Any guesses on the color of these Muscovy ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by louieloui, Jul 12, 2011.

1. louieloui

louieloui Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    We hatched out 5 muscovy ducklings on July 4th/5th, but have no idea what colors we have. They're all different (although two are a bit similar, you can definitely see a difference between them) and come from a black/white pied father and either a black/white pied mom or black/white barred mom. I was told their parents (the "grandducks" of our ducklings) were lavender and chocolate.

Here are the pics:

Blonde w/brown heart shaped mark on forehead
    [​IMG]

Various shades of brown with lighter chest, white tipped tail feathers and one yellow "freckle" on his/her head
    [​IMG]

Brown one's white tipped tail
    [​IMG]

Yellow w/silvery/blueish feathers mixed in (front); yellow w/brown heart in back
    [​IMG]

All of the ducks (the black one in the front also has black legs, feet, toenails and bill)
    [​IMG]

Another of all 5
    [​IMG]

Last one
    [​IMG]

2. LostGosling

LostGosling Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    The 2 brown ones will be Chocolate, the yellow one will be white with probably a Chocolate spot on it's forhead, and the other two look like they may be Silvers.
    Hope I helped! [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:They sure are pretty. [​IMG]

4. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    White with Chocalate Heart(may lose it)
    Two chocalates
    Two Lavenders-Silvers [​IMG]

5. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I have one that was that lighter brown color as a duckling. I thought she would turn out as a chocolate.
    She is now over a month old and fully feathered. However, she is NOT chocolate! She is a bluish-purple color. I'm not sure what the correct termination is. I guess I'll have to post a picture and see what other people think. There are so many varieties, I only know the basic ones!
    Her parents were both lavenders, but all of the ducklings looked different. I had picked her out because I was looking for a chocolate muscovy, but apparently their colors as babies aren't always correct!

6. louieloui

Jun 12, 2010
    They are super cute--which is a good thing given how MESSY they are! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. louieloui

Jun 12, 2010
    Quote:I would love to see her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by