Any guesses on these cuties?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenFox, Apr 14, 2017.

1. ChickenFox

ChickenFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    So while I was planning on getting a couple bantam chicks from TSC I got a few more thanks to their buy 6 get 2 free deal...lol So here's my new arrivals

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one was out of the RIR straight run bin. I'm going to guess Roo solely based on its horrible temperament. It's the only one that tries to rip my cuticles and finger nails off whenever my hand is in sight...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 2nd from the RIR bin. Since I have no idea what to look for in sexing these guys I went with 1 light an 1 dark. Seemed smart at the time...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was from the Plymouth Rock bin also straight run. I remembered reading about small defined dots on females so that's what I was trying for...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PR number 2...

Alright and the next 4 are what I actually went to get. Straight run assorted bantam bin. Sadly there wasn't much selection since somebody had apparently bought all but 8 in the hour before I got there but still very cute none the less

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know they are all much too young to know for sure but any guesses as to gender and maybe breed on the bantams would be appreciated. :) These are my replacements for the devastation from a fox attack on my girls last year...

2. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    The first 2 bantams look like Old English (not sure what color) and the 2nd two look like Mille Fleur d'Uccles.

3. ChickenFox

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    Oh that would be awesome if that's what they are! I've never had D'Uccles and I adored my OEGBs when I had some several years ago. Those 4 will be keeping my sole showgirl company since her last flock mate keeled over suddenly. Couldn't leave her by herself and I miss having banties around. They're always full of spunk and personality.

1 person likes this.
  4. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Remembering the Forgotten Premium Member

May 17, 2015
    Lost, I fear.
    All of your standards are correctly named. ;) 1,2 Bantams are undoubtedly OEGBs and the last two are Miller Fleur Bearded D'uccles.
    :clap Congratulations on your adorable chicks!
    :jumpy Happy Easter, :jumpy
    ~Sarah

5. ChickenFox

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    Some updated shots of everyone. They are now 1 week post TSC purchase and I do believe I have them in the same order.. except for maybe the PR. I can't really tell them apart. Lol

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Any new thoughts on genders or bantam breeds or are we sticking with the original guesses? Also is it normal for PR to mature so much slower than other breeds? Their wing feathers are the smallest of all.

Oh and please pardon my TMNT pants. I'm having a much needed lazy day and they are extremely comfy....

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry they are too young for me to guess. But I have to say they are the most beautiful grouping of chicks I have seen in a long time. Who ever photographed them did a great job.

Birds cannot be wing sexed unless they were bred for that trait.

7. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I still think the same breeds for now. And those are cool pants lol.

8. ChickenFox

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    Alright time for a 3 week update. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion I've infact have several Roos in this group. Let's see what everyone else thinks

Roo
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]

Roo
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granted I know it's still much to early to tell for sure but thought I'd voice my suspicions and get some opinions. Here's hoping I'm wrong about all the boys! :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by