Any guesses on this pairing?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TheSheriffswife, Oct 7, 2011.

1. TheSheriffswife

TheSheriffswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Hi..
    I recently hatched some eggs from a breeder and for fun I threw one of my eggs in there as well..Just curious if anyone has any ideas what this resulting chick may look like or would this be considered a Black Sex link? Anyway here are pics of the parents...

This is Gordon Ramsey he was hatched out of an Olive Egg

[​IMG]

This is Wilma and she is a New Hampshire Red

[​IMG]

..And this is the best shot I could get of the chick..The one to the left of the Sussex He/she is solid black w/ black legs & Feet with the slightest Red/rust color around the face..

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Nope, no Sex-links from the pairing. And there's no Red in the breed name New Hampshire [​IMG]

They'll grow up to be either black with silver on the neck, possibly breast too, or black with gold on the neck, possibly breast too.

3. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:Cool, Thanks! [​IMG] Also, thanks for the correction on the breed name..I am surprised at that most everywhere I've ever seen the name even in some books it says NH Red..

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    It's because hatcheries call them that. The same with the confusion on what Ameraucanas and Araucanas really are versus what hatcheries sell.

5. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:Neat! [​IMG] Thanks for the info..

6. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Well.... there is 50% chance a few Hens will be Gold(s+) since the rooster is clearly golden...

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Well.... there is 50% chance a few Hens will be Gold(s+) since the rooster is clearly golden...

That's what I said. [​IMG]

8. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009

That's what I said. [​IMG]

...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by