Any guesses to gender/breed? PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aimplus4, Apr 13, 2012.

1. aimplus4

aimplus4 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2012
    Louisiana
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to raising chickens and to BYC. I have found this site very informative and have learned a lot so far. I was wondering if you could help me out with the breed/gender of a few of my babies? The first pics are of Frances whom I thought might be an EE but I thought they had pea combs so not 100% on that theory. She has greenish legs. We got her at TSC and wasn't told what she was or how old. I was hoping for a pullet but as she/he is growing I am thinking roo because of the comb. "She" looked like a chipmunk when we first got "her" and I have become really attached to her even tho she was picked out by my son lol.. Such a sweetheart and loves to be held.
    Thank you in advance for any help you can give me ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. aimplus4

Apr 13, 2012
    Louisiana
    These are pics of some chicks I got from a local feed store about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what breed these are. All I know is they are Bantam. I got 3 of them. Any guesses as to breed, color, and gender for these guys? Thanks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    A little early to tell for sure on your EE but I'm leaning toward roo.

Your bantams look like mille fleur D'Uccles and salmon Faverolles.

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Your EE is most likely a little roo. Watch his shoulders, they'll start sprouting bright red feathers soon if it's true.

The rest of your brood appears to be Mille Fleur D'Uccles. It's a bit early to tell gender, but I see at least two that are suspicious.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    ee and by looks of the feathers on the wing bow i would say a cockerel

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the 2nd group the first pic is of a millie fleur d'uccle cockerel as for the 2nd one im not sure i dont see a beard on it to be a salmon fav...

7. mong7769

mong7769 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2012
    North Olmsted, Ohio
    First little one I'm going with EE and roo. His legs are MUCH larger than those on my pullets and he just carries himself different. The other bantams I don't have any idea . . .

8. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The 1st one is definitely an EE cockerel. The 2nd is a Millie Fleur d'Uccle cockerel, and the 3rd one I'm really not to sure on. It could be a Salmon Fav cockerel.

9. aimplus4

Apr 13, 2012
    Louisiana
    Thanks guys for the replies so far! Rats!!! What am I gonna do with all these cockerels?? LOL I love them but really need some more hens..... If I have more than one cockerel wouldn't they all fight??

10. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    EE cockeral for the first one, I have his twin
    Theo at 1 week:
    [​IMG]

Theo at 6 weeks:
    [​IMG]

The second one is a Mille Fleur Bearded D'uccle
    Third looks like a D'uccle to me also, not sure what color. Very very pretty!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by