Any guesses..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sara, Nov 1, 2007.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Am I a he or she? I hatched June 28th or 29th. S/He is to tiny..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Am I a rooster? I'm about 20 weeks old. Got it from Jody June 7th and it was a couple weeks old then. I have not heard it crow, but I was in the hospital for nearly a month, so I really don't know.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    First one looks like a pullet.

Second looks like a roo based on pointed hackle and saddle feathers

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's what I was thinking. I looked at the BO today and thought he looked like a boy. [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sara, the perty blue one is definitely a girl and will only reach 3-4 pounds at maturity, which is typical size of standard araucana pullets/hens. Can you get a closer pic of the orp? Side view preferrably. I am thinking by that age, my boys are much more rooish looking and big comb. Look at this pic of my Buddy, at 20 wks.

[​IMG]

Jody

5. Gracie_Chickie

Gracie_Chickie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Indiana
    The first looks like a girl and the second a boy my rooster is much younger but he still has a comb almost as big as that one

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I agree with everyone else. First picture is a pullet, second is a rooster. [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I agree that the 2nd one looks like a cockerel, but a younger one. My 9 week old cockerels look like the one pictured. I have some growing out..will have to get pics tomorrow.

Jody

8. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    I agree that he looks like a younger cockerel. My BO rooster also 20 weeks, and he's ENORMOUS!!

[​IMG]

9. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    Actually, my rooster wasn't hatched until June 10th, after you got your chicken. It's hard to believe that two roosters could develop so differently.... but your guy certainly has rooish feathers. Otherwise he looks like a hen.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Jody, I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow. This BO is one of the two I bought from you when I picked up my first eggs from you, which I think was June 7th. I counted out the weeks, and that makes it 21 weeks today, and they were I believe a couple weeks old when we got them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by