any guesses

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Henny peeny, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    I know she is a ameracuana but what colour is she, yes gray but is there a name for her colour

[​IMG]

Rhayden

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    In that picture her feet look like they are yellow between the toes. Look at the underside of her feet, if they are yellow too. This would make her an EE (Easter Egger) who can give you an egg that is green, blue, olive ect.

3. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    She is an easter egger, and there is no name for her color. It is lovely though. Enjoy her.

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Easter Eggers come in a bunch of colors, and mix/mutt colors. they don't really have names for their colors.

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    She's not an Ameraucana - she's an Easter Egger, a mutt chicken with a blue egglaying or EE ancestor. She isn't a APA recognized color, but she is pretty.

6. Henny peeny

Henny peeny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    NC
    Thanks, oh it is ok if she is EE we still love the colour of her eggs she was from another feed store and I got all mutts from except for the Cornish rocks they were what they said they were, tractor supply . Her feathers are like down so soft she is good, I was wondering.
    Rhayden

7. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I have her twin [​IMG]

I asked this a while back and I totally forgot the answer. It was something like a silver something or other... hmm I will have to go back and do some research into my posts to see if I can find it!

8. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Ok I got frustrated, I have 78 pages of posts... I think mine looks like a hawk so we call her the hawk chicken... she is a feisty little thing. She is taking over as head hen and is driving me nuts. She does take care of her sister though. Not actual sister, but they came from the same place and what not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Oh and her comb is now red and flops over on her head.

10. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    The coloration is called 'Dark Columbian' ... That's what I would call it anyway, in a description. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by