Any Guesses?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CJJenkins, Apr 14, 2012.

1. CJJenkins

CJJenkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    I was 'blessed' with these darlings, no idea sex or breed. Any guesses? they are 11 days old today and are getting quite active in the brooder. They are cute.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh boy they are cute. I am not really great at identifying breed in chicks. It looks like you have at least 2 different breeds. It is possible that the one in front is and Old English Game chicken, but that is largely a guess. I know in the other thread, you said you were hoping that one might be a Buff Orpington. So here is a photo of one for you to compare. Notice it has flesh colored legs not yellow.

[​IMG]

3. CJJenkins

CJJenkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    I wanted Buff Orpingtons and an EE or two, these are anybody's guess. I asked the neighbor where he got them and he named of 3 or 4 people that he is hatching eggs for, no idea what breed. Oh well, I hope they are hens, at least 2 or 3 of them.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    :confused: But they sure are cute.

5. Lavenderfields

Lavenderfields Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    I think your ones that are all yellow could be orpingtons, they look like mine did---I would say buff brahmas for your others, but their wings are coming in pretty dark and pretty quickly---and they are usually later bloomers---so maybe those are easter eggers?

6. vjbakke

vjbakke Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    I am thinking they are both easter eggers but their leg color doesn't seem right for that, maybe just a mutt mix? very cute though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by