Any guesses?!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by xkt1014, Mar 18, 2013.

1. xkt1014

xkt1014 New Egg

Oct 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

She has a rose comb and black feet! Any help would be appreciated! I can't seem to figure out what she is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    All I know is I have one just like it!!! Mine I think is a bantam /cochin mix, heavy on the bantam side!

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Appears to be a chicken.

4. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Appears to be a chicken.

That is very observant of you! LOL[​IMG]

5. BGMatt

BGMatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Battle Ground, WA
    What color are the earlobes? My first instinct is Birchen Old English Game/Black Rosecomb Bantam cross. If the earlobes are dark...I'd still put money on the OEG being involved but maybe with a Sumatra or something like that. The body type just screams OEG to me but of course the comb is wrong, and with that color it's either a poorly marked birchen or a birchen black cross, I'm having a hard time thinking of breeds that would give that rosecomb without totally destroying the type

6. xkt1014

xkt1014 New Egg

Oct 3, 2012

Thank you for the input! Earlobes are red like the comb and her face. So what do you think with that being said?

7. BGMatt

BGMatt Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Battle Ground, WA
    Complete confusion? Seriously if it had single comb I'd call it an Old English with great type. Where did it come from? I know some breeders crossed rosecomb bantam into their lines to get more feather, could it be a rose combed sport out of pure old English? I suppose the rose comb gene could hide in there for a while? Matter of fact that's what in changing my guess to.

8. xkt1014

xkt1014 New Egg

Oct 3, 2012

I'm awfully confused myself..seems to be the mystery bird. Not sure where your from but we had gotten it at the Deerfield fair which is a local fair around here..they hatch them for the fair. My husband wanted it because it was so different from the rest. It was only a day old. They had no information as far as sex or type if bird but we got 5 and 4 were delawares one being a rooster and then this one. It was about 6months ago.

9. xkt1014

xkt1014 New Egg

Oct 3, 2012
    Also I could be wrong about the rosecomb but if I am I'm not sure what kind of comb it would be.. It seems most similar to a rosecomb..definitely not a single comb.. I will try to get a better picture tomorrow. I'm relatively new to this whole chicken (very eager to learn more though) we started with New Guinea hens. I really appreciate all your help! Thank you so much!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by