Any Guinea Pigs Owners Out There?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Lyddz, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Lyddz

Lyddz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Alliance/Sebring
    I'm just wondering if there are any people with guinea pigs on here. I have two nearly 3 months old girls [​IMG] Pooh Bear, my baby, is an American, mostly white with two large brown spots on her head and back. Ginger-Carrot, the shy one, is an Abyssinian mix, a pretty red-brown color(the same color as my friend's ginger hair lol) with a "mohawk" down her back and two rosettes. Pictures as soon as I can find my camera. Who else has some?

2. des189

des189 I ♥ JMac

Aug 25, 2010
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    I have a beautiful piggie named Henry... He is about 2 years old now! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would love to see pics of yours [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    We rescued Cinderella from the animal shelter. She has me trained to bring her treats. I have her trained to be sweet before she gets to eat the treats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    We have 2 girls, I believe they are both americans. Debbie is 2 1/2 years old I believe and April is about 2 years old. Debbie is the tri-colored, April the brown and white. They live outside, currently in their pen in the barn, but during the warmer months their pen turns into a 'tractor' so they can help keep the grass down [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. wonderpup

wonderpup Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    NW Florida
    Me, me [​IMG] We have a male piggy named Mojo that we rescued in 09. He had been dumped at our local feed store and we took him. He hates me [​IMG] but oh well. I was advised by a cavy forum I joined to try and get him a friend b/c they were social. So I did that and the friends I got turned out to be female. Oops. No breeding happened but he couldn't live with them obviously. He also made it clear he didn't want a friend so I guess it was just as well. We had the girls for a couple of months but when I got pregnant the cage cleaning was to much for me (I had a really really REALLY rough pregnancy) and all the care and cleaning fell to my husband. We also had ferrets and rats at the time and it was to much for him on top of his work schedule and I really was not physcially capable of helping so he rehomed the girls. We kept mojo and he putters around his CC cage and we take him outside and such. I think it's adorable when he wheeks at my husband. He loves my husband, it's just me he doesn't care for so much for some reason. Kind of ironic actually since I'm the one who just HAD to bring him home lol.

[​IMG]

6. Lyddz

Lyddz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Alliance/Sebring
    They're all soooo cute and adorable!!!!! As promised, here are some pics of mah girls. I'd apologize for the bad quality, but I can't tell if it actually is the quality that's messed up or just my browser [​IMG]

A pic of them both together
    [​IMG]

A better pic of Ginger-Carrot's mohawk, but still not perfect
    [​IMG]

And another of Pooh Bear. I really must change my description of her in the first post, she is actually pretty roughly half white and half brown. She looks scared because I had her blocked into the corner for the picture. Out of the two, she's def the more active piggling = wouldn't stay still!
    [​IMG]

7. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I have....um...5...unless someone had babies since I checked last

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Lyddz

Lyddz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Alliance/Sebring
    Quote:[​IMG] Lol, that's pretty impressive!! I've been wanting to add another sister to the family myself. Pictures?

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I used to breed & raise show guinea pigs (& rabbits) years ago. Thinking about getting back into it.
    Something about the squeeking & whistling that I miss!
    Very nice pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by