Any Hatcheries That Ship Outside of The US?

Firearia

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
Well, in McMurray's FAQ They said they did, and then contacted me and said they didn't. So needless to say, my feathers are a bit ruffled. All the hatcheries here in Canada don't have a very big variety and are very expensive. So do you know any hatcheries that ship outside of the US? We're not that far away from it, a few hours away from Washington.

EDIT: I'm looking at hatcheries as many breeders here don't have what I want. Japanese Bantams, d'Uccle bantams, Silkies, OEGBs... Etc.

Last edited:
Generally when animals cross the border they need health certificates and all that fun paperwork - this usually needs to be done by a vet. Not sure if this is the case with chickens, but I would look into it myself before ordering. Just because the hatchery is willing to ship the birds doesn't mean they will actually get to you if they do not have the proper paperwork. It could be very costly in the end.

Quote:
Performance Poultry has all of the breeds you mentioned, they are in Ontario

ep.gif
Wow thank you! I looked through tons of directories and never found them. But a few seconds ago I just checked back on the directory page and I saw it! Thank you very much! I can't wait until spring now!

Quote:
Performance Poultry has all of the breeds you mentioned, they are in Ontario

ep.gif
Wow thank you! I looked through tons of directories and never found them. But a few seconds ago I just checked back on the directory page and I saw it! Thank you very much! I can't wait until spring now!

Your very welcome, I am going to be ordering my bantams there too

Quote:
ep.gif

Your very welcome, I am going to be ordering my bantams there too

Good luck with the chickies then!

Quote:
What I find here in Canada is that they (Hatcheries) sell chickens for commercial use only and add no other variaty. We are stuck with breeders that can't meet our demands (say like 10 or more chicks) at a reasonable price.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom