Any Hatcheries That Ship Outside of The US?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Firearia, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, in McMurray's FAQ They said they did, and then contacted me and said they didn't. So needless to say, my feathers are a bit ruffled. All the hatcheries here in Canada don't have a very big variety and are very expensive. So do you know any hatcheries that ship outside of the US? We're not that far away from it, a few hours away from Washington.

EDIT: I'm looking at hatcheries as many breeders here don't have what I want. Japanese Bantams, d'Uccle bantams, Silkies, OEGBs... Etc.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Generally when animals cross the border they need health certificates and all that fun paperwork - this usually needs to be done by a vet. Not sure if this is the case with chickens, but I would look into it myself before ordering. Just because the hatchery is willing to ship the birds doesn't mean they will actually get to you if they do not have the proper paperwork. It could be very costly in the end.

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:Performance Poultry has all of the breeds you mentioned, they are in Ontario

4. Firearia

Quote:Performance Poultry has all of the breeds you mentioned, they are in Ontario

[​IMG] Wow thank you! I looked through tons of directories and never found them. But a few seconds ago I just checked back on the directory page and I saw it! Thank you very much! I can't wait until spring now!

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada

[​IMG] Wow thank you! I looked through tons of directories and never found them. But a few seconds ago I just checked back on the directory page and I saw it! Thank you very much! I can't wait until spring now!

Your very welcome, I am going to be ordering my bantams there too

6. Firearia

Quote:That's what I wondered as well. Thank you for your time to reply! [​IMG]

7. Firearia

Quote:[​IMG] Wow thank you! I looked through tons of directories and never found them. But a few seconds ago I just checked back on the directory page and I saw it! Thank you very much! I can't wait until spring now!

Your very welcome, I am going to be ordering my bantams there too

Good luck with the chickies then!

8. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Remember to post pics when you do get your new babies!

9. Firearia

Quote:I will! I'm very excited to add Bantams to my flock! However they may need a new coop, being with my big Orpington boys could be interesting.

10. PuckPuckPuck

PuckPuckPuck Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Mont-Tremblanc, Quebec
    Quote:What I find here in Canada is that they (Hatcheries) sell chickens for commercial use only and add no other variaty. We are stuck with breeders that can't meet our demands (say like 10 or more chicks) at a reasonable price.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by