Any hatchery Partridge Rock pics?

BarredBuff

Songster
10 Years
Dec 6, 2009
Howdy there, Im thinking about getting a few PRs this year. Could please post some pics of your birds. Any info on broodines, foraging, egg laying, and meat performance would be great Thanks, BB.

These came from Mt. Healthy hatchery. I love the way they look, although they are kind of skittish. The hens lay well, although the eggs are medium sized, I've found.

pullet
36723_9941254.jpg

roo
36723_img_2621.jpg

young pair

36723_9433941.jpg

I ordered a few Partridge Rocks from Mt. Healthy this summer. They are just starting to lay so I'm not sure about their laying ability yet. They are a little larger than what I expected for hatchery birds. Mine are very quiet and calm birds. Overall, I am very pleased with them so far.
These are not the best pictures but maybe you can get an idea of how they look. They are about 5 months old in the pics.
19748_chicpic_040.jpg

19748_chicpic_041.jpg

Last edited:
60454_mistysaddle.jpg

60454_misty_11-18_sm.jpg

This PR came from MPC in July. She isn't laying yet. She is a little smaller than my GLW and Welsummer and a little bigger than my EE.

She is a shy pullet,and her coloring is lovely. It is very hard to capture on film, though. The first picture was taken a while back, the 2nd one is two weeks old (she was 18 weeks old at the time

My Healthy also great birds very hardy and very broody. i did lots of research before I bought mine. My blog in my sig documents them from day one last year.

My male Alpha

Older hen

Back
Top Bottom