Any hatchery Partridge Rock pics?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BarredBuff, Dec 5, 2010.

1. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Howdy there, Im thinking about getting a few PRs this year. Could please post some pics of your birds. Any info on broodines, foraging, egg laying, and meat performance would be great Thanks, BB.

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    These came from Mt. Healthy hatchery. I love the way they look, although they are kind of skittish. The hens lay well, although the eggs are medium sized, I've found.

pullet
    [​IMG]

roo
    [​IMG]

young pair

[​IMG]

3. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I ordered a few Partridge Rocks from Mt. Healthy this summer. They are just starting to lay so I'm not sure about their laying ability yet. They are a little larger than what I expected for hatchery birds. Mine are very quiet and calm birds. Overall, I am very pleased with them so far.
    These are not the best pictures but maybe you can get an idea of how they look. They are about 5 months old in the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  4. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This PR came from MPC in July. She isn't laying yet. She is a little smaller than my GLW and Welsummer and a little bigger than my EE.

She is a shy pullet,and her coloring is lovely. It is very hard to capture on film, though. The first picture was taken a while back, the 2nd one is two weeks old (she was 18 weeks old at the time

5. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    My Healthy also great birds very hardy and very broody. i did lots of research before I bought mine. My blog in my sig documents them from day one last year.

My male Alpha

[​IMG]

Older hen

[​IMG]

6. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    Quote:that roo looks alot like my rir just a little more on the fat side lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by