Any help on the potential breeds of my hens. Pics included.

JorjaRhayne

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 28, 2012
I have purchased a few of these girls from a farm that had 3 generations of random Roos crossing on Random hens. If a hen went broody she raised her chicks in the flock ect. ect. I know there are some silkies, EE's, games, RIR, and rocks mixed in this group. I also have a few random hens from Auction Sales that I would like a confirmation on breed. When I get good pics of each I Plan to continue to attach to this thread so as to keep my posts together. I will also note with each where they came from, Farm or CLA. I would love to know if any particular breeds are recognizable in the mix, and if anyone can give me a confirmed name of color and type of comb It will be appreciated. I am new to chickens and can figured out a little bit but not much. thks in advance :)

#1 "Purdy" bought at Auction (CLA) brooding over a 2 week old bittie sold with her, so I know she is a hen (Friend raising chick for me) She has gray legs and I believe her eggs are cream colored. 16 hens so not sure which ones are hers, but I have only 1 brown layer, no white layers and rest of eggs are cream colored and Green/Blue colored

Last edited:
#2 "Beethoven" From what I can tell he is a Lemon Blue Cochin, Somewhat matches a few pics on the breed info here on BYC. Bought at CLA with a believed EE hen. He has extra toes and feathered legs, very calm bird loves car rides in front seat of Jeep to town but is protective of his girls. Very large standard size bird with very thick spurs at least the diameter of a marble.

Last edited:
They look like pure mixes to me
wink.png
Very pretty ones at that!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom