Any Hot Rods out there??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by heathersboers, Jan 30, 2011.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I know Chicken Crazy has a nice Chevy pick-up- and my curiosity is peaked- Who else on BYC has a work in progress? here is mine- a 1982 Chevrolet shortbed with a 350-bored over and 400 crank, bang shift 3 speed tranny and nice fresh-sprayed in my front yard paint job....new rims coming next weeeeeeekkkkk!!!

[​IMG]

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Waiting for DH to get done with one of his cars to start on my 1965 Ford Mustang. It has a 6cyl in it and I want a 289 in it.
    He's going to restore a 1957 4-door Chevy and drop a 351 EFI in it.

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Don't own a Hot Rod but met a 5 year old last week that is actually named Hot Rod [​IMG] (legal name)

4. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Nice truck. I had a 67 Chevy long bed that came with a 283 and an automatic. It ran but had a cracked water jacket. So when my wife got hit in our 71 Impala, I took the small block 400 with Quadrajet and Turbo 350 and stuck it in. Had to shorten the drive shaft and modify the exhaust but it was pretty hot. It was hard to take off without spinning the wheel. It was one legged.

Stroker 350. Must have some torque.

No more hot rods for me. Had a few when I was younger. I got a good friend that has a 56 two door hardtop with an LS6 and a straight axle. It's putting out about 650 horse. He drives it once in a blue moon. He also has a 58 Chevy step side that he's restored. Sort of restored. It has a stroked 350 that's warmed up a little with a turbo 350 and a 1800 rpm stall converter with a 3.73 12 bolt.

5. dela1991

dela1991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Delaware
    Quote:My sons nickname is Hotrod. His real name is Rodney, like his dad. It was cute when he was five but now he is grown and is an attorney. I only call him Hotrod at home when no one is around.

Getting off topic here...sorry.

6. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    1996 Mustang GT Engine built by ProMar Racing. Supercharger pushin 18lbs of boost. 10.90 et's on 1/4 mle track and street driven. Zooooooooommmmm! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Cool. Puttin out some ponies on that one. 10.9 is a really good number for a street driver. I like your scoop.

8. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Nooooo! NOT A FORDDDDDD!!!! Thats OK- does look good though- Dont tell my chevy I said that [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    While I like my safe, dependable jeep but DH has a few toys.

These two:

[​IMG]

And this one:

[​IMG] (Believe it or not, this is the one that everyones always offering to buy)

And this one:

[​IMG] (Okay, so technically he doesn't own this one, but it's parked in our driveway every night).

Plus his jeep - mine's purtier, but his is sportier. We're vehicle poor.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  10. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh I wish! My husband want to do up an old Holden Kingswood and I want to do up a Bedford truck and a 1968-9 Caddy DeVille once we get the money up for it.

That's not even counting the custom motorbikes we want. He's fixing up my Suzuki SV650 in a pearlescent purple for me with a custom set of headlights, lowering links and carbon fibre pipes. I want it supercharged, but husband says not until I get more practice... booo. Mmm Vtwin supercharged carbon fibre engine noises.....brooombrrroooooooom.... sorry where was I?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by