any Hudson Valley, New York chick moms?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by reneshay, Jan 16, 2008.

1. reneshay

reneshay Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2008
    [​IMG]

i'm in putnam valley, ny--looking for other chick moms in my area.
    guess that would make you my new peeps...

[​IMG]

2. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    I'm just south of Millbrook in Dutchess County. Not too far from you!

3. reneshay

reneshay Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2008
    *YAYY*** so happy to meet you!!!
    so are you already a chick mom? I'm just getting started... but anxious to connect with others who are already enjoying fresh eggs and wonderful new pets!

4. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    It is fun! We have about 80 chickens now, mix of breeds and three broody hens that are sitting on a variety eggs. We need to downsize the roosters by about 8. If you need some, please let me know - otherwise, they're looking at the freezer!

We've been chicken parents/guardians/friends for nearly a year. At one point during the summer, we had about 140 here, but many found new homes. We had bought some adults, mail order day olds, a few "rescues" and a few hatched here. We also took the surplus from a really nice guy who is breeding and these didn't make the cut.

I love the fresh eggs, the reduction of ticks (as I think we're still highest tick borne disease to human ratio in the world), the chicken chatter, the fertilized lawn and the company when I'm gardening. It's fun having my fan club greet me after a long day at work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by