170.9 KB · Views: 6
  • lav 3.jpg
    lav 3.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 6
  • lav 4.jpg
    lav 4.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 6
I hope it is a pullet!
I ordered a Lavender Ameraucana Male, since the offspring would lay different colored eggs.
I ordered 7 Bielefelders "straight run", since their price was $4.50, compared to $11.25 for female, and $6.95 for male.
I was hoping I would end up with at least 1 female, and was extremely happy when I ended up with 3 males and 4 females!
The rest of my chicks are female RIRs, Delawares, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Spotted Sussexes, Black Australorps, and a Buff Orpington.
They are beautiful, healthy, and get along with each other very well, and love to sit on my lap and shoulders.
The Bielefelders are huge, and I think they would be the best for breeding.
The hatchery said the Ameraucanas are difficult to sex, and only gave a 80% guarantee on the sexing, so I'm hoping this little chickie turns out to be female, since I will have enough roosters...
At first I didn't have any doubts on this chickie... when it was very young, it was aggressive, and would go around pulling on the other chick's toes... But now, it is loveable to all the other chicks, and I don't see any signs of it being a male.
We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom