Any Idea of Gender on These Juveniles?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Infinity308, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Infinity308

Infinity308 New Egg

Dec 4, 2012
    Hi everyone!

I have four cross-breeds that I can't figure the gender out on (or what they're likely descended from). The top and bottom pictures show the three youngest and the middle picture shows one that was born a month or two earlier who I thought was a pullet, but whose tail makes me worry its a male. As for the younger three, I'm pretty sure the one on the top right is a hen-to-be, but am having trouble with the other two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    I see pointy saddle feathers on your black one. I think it's pretty safe to say that that one is a boy. In the top picture, I think you're correct on the bird to the right - looks very girly. The coloration reminds me of a Welsummer or EE. Keep an eye on the one next to her. It could go either way. Same with the last picture.

How old are the three younger ones?

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st pic left is a cockerel right is a pullet
    2nd pic cockerel
    3rd pic cockerel

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep, one girl and three boys.

5. Infinity308

Infinity308 New Egg

Dec 4, 2012
    The younger three are three-four months old I believe. Thanks for the info on the gender---it was what I was starting to think (3 males, 1 female) but was hoping I was wrong. :( Now I have to figure out whether to keep all three or not.

6. second pic is a cock.

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    x2

Sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by