any idea on the breed of this little roo?

OrpingtonManor

Building the Castle
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Martinez, CA
He is 3 1/2 weeks old. He hatched out of a dark brown egg. The hatching eggs came from a mixed flock of marans, barnevelders, welsummers, pendensencas, orps, delaware, andalusian, buttercup, wyandottes, rocks, lots of ameraucanas, lots of easter eggers & olive eggers.
18671_pict4936.jpg

18671_pict4929.jpg

18671_pict4928.jpg

18671_pict4925.jpg

and one of him on the back of his adoptive Barnie mama a couple weeks ago...
18671_pict4911.jpg

and while you're guessing, how about this little guy....
I'm guessing EE x Blue Andalusian
18671_pict4922.jpg

18671_pict4920.jpg

and he's a big 'un!! legs like tree trunks already.

so, do delawares lay really dark eggs? it was a dark terra cotta.

I'll have to look up Columbian Rocks.

That first one looks to me to be a Delaware EE. The other, you got Blue in there for sure, but what color Ameraucanas do you have? That might make a difference. It doesn't look to be built like an Andalusian.

The reason I guessed Andalusian x EE for the second one is because I looked at the breed pages for Andalusian, and the blue Andalusian chick looked just like it, with the same exact body colors and brown markings on the head. What size would it be if it was Andalusian?

It is definitely an EE cross, though. It is going to have muffs and beard. I don't have the Ameraucanas. The eggs were bought from a lady who has all the breeds I listed. The black roo in the pic with the second bird is from an EE who lays green eggs, and crossed with a John Blehm Black Am roo. Both of them have really fuzzy cheeks, so will be bearded.

Back
Top Bottom