Any idea on what kind of duckling she is?

heidihas2ducks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Upstate NY
Hello all! We got these ducklings from agway and were told they were Blue Sweedish. Henry definitely is...I think!...but Victoria definitely is NOT! They are about 6 weeks old and she has developed a body full of brown and black feathers a white colar and a crest on the back of her head! She also has shiney green feathers emerging on top of her head and her cheeks. I am assuming she is at least part Mallard. Any guesses?

Victoria might be a DRAKE mallard or Rouen....time for a name change to VICTOR
tongue.png

Yeah....that's what I was thinking....and to be honest...I think henry is a girl! Lol! Is it true that the females quack and males peep until they get older? And how the devil do I post a picture? I uploaded pics but can't figure out how to put them in a post!

Quote:
You have to post a certain number of messages on the board before you're allowed to show pictures, but I don't remember what the number is. Just stay on here chatting with us for a while and it'll let you post them eventually. I want to say it's after 10 posts.

I had even vent sexed them as all girls (shocking for a first time attempting of vent sexing...lol!) But I swear I did it right! I just am all sad cause I don't want her to fly away come fall if she is a mallard afterall. Also...will henry follow her if she does decide to migrate being that they are different breeds?

Back
Top Bottom