Any idea what my TSC chicks are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fire, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Fire

Fire Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    Came from a bin labeled comm pullets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a diff bin of RIR that was empty so Im guessing thats not what they are.
    Thanks

2. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    The first one looks like a buff orpington and the second a barred rock.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

The first look rather like commercial reds, although there is no variation in brown to buff, so not 100% sure. Commercial pullets are typically a red sex link.

The black ones look like the "mystery" TSC blend of black commercial pullet discussed here by many of us. We are not 100% sure just what exotic blend went into this black commercial chick. One BYC member got an email from the hatchery stating it is "something" mated to a Black Australorp. Hmmmmm.... We are all just sort of waiting this out.

4. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Quote:x2

5. Fire

Fire Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    Fred's Hens :

The first look rather like commercial reds, although there is no variation in brown to buff, so not 100% sure. Commercial pullets are typically a red sex link.

The black ones look like the "mystery" TSC blend of black commercial pullet discussed here by many of us. We are not 100% sure just what exotic blend went into this black commercial chick. One BYC member got an email from the hatchery stating it is "something" mated to a Black Australorp. Hmmmmm.... We are all just sort of waiting this out.

I was following that thread as well because my chicks look similar. Even to the white dots on the head. The yellow chicks did have chipmunk type stripes on the back but they have faded quite a bit.​

6. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon

x3

7. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    mother o' chicks72 :

x3​

X4

8. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:x3

X4

X5!

9. TcP

TcP New Egg

Mar 29, 2011
    The yellow ones in the first pic look similar to one of ours. We were told by the feed store guy that it was a "gold sex-link" but after some searching I'm not really sure...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by