Any idea what these are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FarmGirlNE, Apr 17, 2008.

1. FarmGirlNE

FarmGirlNE Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2007
    Tiplersville, MS
    The guy I got these from didn't seem to have any clue what he was talking about, all I know is they're bantams, and 3 are feather-footed. Any clue what they are? And is the all black one a roo maybe?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] I couldn't say for sure as I am no expert... but he certainly looks like a little roo to me!!! An absolute cutie though!!! Wish I could help you out on breeds, someone else will know [​IMG] Darling little chicks!

Wondering..... he looks so small but has so many feathers..... Serama maybe???

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    The roo looks like a black jap to me. The others look like a barred cochin and either red or buff cochins.

4. FarmGirlNE

FarmGirlNE Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2007
    Tiplersville, MS
    good, I was hoping he'd be a roo... his name is Darth Vader lol The others are getting Star Wars names too [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    The little black one with the spot on his head looks JUST like 2 of my mystery Bantams!! I posted my thread about them in this forum as well. The only difference is...mine don't have feathered feet. I'm assuming that even at a week old, they would have feathered feet if they were a feather-footed chicken. I hope this will help me figure out what my chicks are too!

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    He is a cutie! I agree that he looks like a little Japanese bantam.

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Sparrow, if yours looks like the barred cochin (black feather legged chick with yellow head spot) except with clean legs, then yours is either a barred rock (straight comb) or dominique (rose comb). [​IMG]

I agree with flyingmonkeypoop on the breeds. (japanese & cochins)

8. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    ^^Thanks for the suggestions, ChicknGurl. I had no idea Barred Rocks/Dominiques had Bantam versions. Maybe that's what they are! It's such a mystery. :eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by