1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

any idea what these bantams are?*5 weeks pics added pg 2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenni2142, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    I got these from the bantam bin at TSC. I think the light gray one is some kind of game, any ideas.
    [​IMG]
    from left to right-Buffy has 6 dots on to of her head, Ashley is various shades of dark gray, Coco looks like a darker version of Buffy, and Jezebel(so named because the feisty thing likes to pull on toes when she gets bored) has really long legs and is shades of silvery gray.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    The white 1 is probably a Modern game 'cause of the long legs. Don't know about the other 1s, but love the color of the red 1! Very pretty..[​IMG]

3. jenni2142

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    you can't see it as well in pic but the beaks kind of match their coloring, buff beak, med. gray beak, brown/red beak and very light gray beak.

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I dont know either but the coloring goes so well together [​IMG]

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Nice pic!!!! You should do that same pose in a few weeks. They will be easier to tell what they are. I'm gonna look around to see if I can help.[​IMG]

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    They are cute!

7. jenni2142

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These guys are almost 2 weeks old now. Buffy is feathering in in shades of buff and brown. Ashley is still shades of med/dark gray. Coco is feathering in black laced with buff brown. Jezebel is very light gray with a few darker ones here and there. They all have single combs and legs match feathers. I'm hoping they are all girls. [​IMG]

8. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I've been looking at chick pics. The white one is most likley a Modern Game. The others??????

9. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The light grey one is a self blue or splash modern game bantam (I'm leaning towards splash since you mentioned darker spots)...I have one that looked exactly like that as a baby. I too am a fan of the "assorted bantam" bin at the local feedstore. Kind of fun trying to guess what you are gonna get!

10. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Those pics are fantastic! They look like an all-girl singing group....maybe the Peepychick Dolls. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by