Any Idea why one of my girls lay every other day

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lizmcd, Dec 26, 2012.

1. lizmcd

lizmcd Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Florida
    Hi I have three Spec Sussex hens. The two girls lay every day very nice brown eggs. But there sister only lays every other day and he eggs are very light smaller and light color. This is my first time having chicknens. Any one know why and what I should do ???

Tara Skaggs likes this.
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    How old are they and how long have they been laying?

3. Greyfox Farm

Greyfox Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

There's nothing really odd or worrisome in that. Some individuals bodies just behave differently than others, just like people. When the days start getting lighter longer she may increase frequency. So long as she's healthy, happy and producing I'd just enjoy her. I have several SS's myself and I love'em; great breed. Best of luck.

4. lizmcd

lizmcd Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Florida
    They are 9mo old. Been laying a little over a month. The girls are very healthy and super happy. Their the best Chickens, Great personalities.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    The expectation that every chicken will lay an egg every day is certain to result in disappointment. They jusy don't all lay every day. Nothing you can do to change that.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. CL604

CL604 New Egg

Jul 5, 2014
    My ISA browns lay every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by