any idea?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kjk66ss, Nov 23, 2011.

1. kjk66ss

kjk66ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bottom 2 pictures are when i got the chick. supposed to be a RIR. top 2 photos are of them at 1 week. question is if you look at the wings in the bottom photo flight wings hang down low. after a few day of growing,top photo the flight wings moved way up under the secondary wings. is that normal and why do they do that?

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

red looks like a RIR. adult feathers will look differnt. as for the other idk breed. and as for the feather thing...yes its normal lol. i wondered the same thing but lots of my chicks had it happen.

3. kjk66ss

kjk66ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    thanks for the reply. the other chick is a Ameraucana. i was just wondering about the RIR. hoping for a roo, only time will tell at this point.

4. Direchicken

Direchicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Passage West
    Hoping for a RIR roo, eh? I reckon that's quite brave - I had a part RIR roo that was one of the most vicious things I've ever encountered. Couldn't go into the enclosure without a shield or pole of some sort to fend him off, and if you let him out into the garden he would try to circle round behind you then run up and kick out at your back! He was good to his hen though. My advice would be to show it lots of love while it's growing up - whatever it is, I reckon that maximises the chances it'll turn out to be a friendly bird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by