Any Ideahs On whats Eating Our Chickens?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by User66184, Aug 23, 2010.

1. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Whatever It Is Leavs The Feet! Any Ideahs? We see cats around here I spoted one the other day climbing into our Chicken Pen but, Would a cat eat the bird and leave the feet? They Ate a few Of Our chicks And One of Our Turkeys Night Before Last! Its very irritating [​IMG]

If Any ideahs....Please let me know!
    MidnightHorsez

2. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I had a predator with the exact same MO. Ate the entire roo and left only the feet. I set a trap the next evening and baited it with the legs/feet and low and behold it was a huge coon. Sorry for your loss...I hope you catch whatever it is.

3. Mandy1296

Mandy1296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Jasper Georgia
    Had this problem a year ago and it's back again this week. Similar "leftovers" I spooked whatever it was in different stages with each bird so I can tell it took head first, then ate breasts and everything else. Left only wing feathers and feet. Funny thing was it seems to happen about 5pm, and one of the days we were outside with them for all but about 1 1/2 hours. Spooky - like the dang thing was watching us waiting for it's chance. Trapped a large coon and then a possum. The problem ended for a year. Have 2 traps set out now to catch the newcomer.

My neighbor has seen cats around - but I'm a little doubtful that a cat could clean one up that quickly, about 40 mins last friday. Don't ask me about cats though, I'm a dog person.

4. TiaView

TiaView Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    A fox did this with my older Guinea keets.

5. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Thanks Guys,! Were Staying up In out Pen Tonight And Hunting For Whatever It is!

Thanks Again
    MidnightHorsez

6. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Quote:We Have Actually Seen A fox, But Seince We Shot It hasnt Come Back, We Also shot a Cyote a while back and aint seen one of them seince ither,

Thanks
    MidnightHorsez

7. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:

8. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    We Seen Nothing!! Uggg!! We Seen Somthing But It Ran!! [​IMG]